Malkajgiri is a part of Ranga Reddy district before the re-organization of districts in the state on 11 October 2016.Shamirpet is the headquarter of the district with 25 lakh population, is the second most populous and also 91.40% Urbanized district in the state of Telangana, standing next only to Hyderabad district ( 40 lakhs). The district is made up of 2 revenue divisions and 15 Mandals.
- Urban Population 28,03,084, Rural Population 3,81,744 and slum population 5,21,080.
- Providing Health Services in the District through 12 Primary Health Centers, 103 Sub-Centers, 02 Civil Hospitals, 1 Area Hospital 24 Urban Primary Health centers and 25 Basthidhawakhanas.
- Human Resources: 889 (1CS, 7 Dy.CS, 24CAS, 71Contract MO’s, 270 ANM’s and remaining are other staff ) and 297 ASHAs are providing the services.
NATIONAL HEALTH MISSION
- Facilitate increased access and utilization of quality health services by all.
- Reduction of Infant mortality rate, Maternity Mortality rate and Total Fertility rate.
- maternal and Child Heath April 2019 to Jan-2020:
- ANC Registrations: Total Pregnant Women Registred-58161
- Total Deliveries 51774, Deliveries reported in Govt health facilities in our district-3223 ,
- Pvt Deliveries 29823(58% ), Government institutions Deliveries (other than Medchal Dist 18728 (42%).
- 1879 KCR KITs Distributed to the Beneficiaries (Due to less Delivery points less Deliveries take place in our District, Hence KCR kits distribution is less)
- Total JSY Beneficiaries -503
- Full Immunization children 53716 (107%)
- Total 11 Maternal Deaths ,70 Infant Deaths reported
- 102 Ammavodi Services 23,108 Beneficiaries utilized
- 54,052 Children Screened under RBSK Programme.
- Total TB Notifications-3984 ,UDST Services given 2709, DBT 2840 (Honorarium to TB Patients through Nikshay poshan Yojana).
- Total Number of cases reported –Dengue-519,Chikungunya-163,JE -6, Malaria -77.
- Total Number of Swine flu cases reported- Jan-2019 to Dec-2019 -193 & Deaths reported -1
- January-2020 –Reported 21 cases ,Deaths-2.
National Leprosy Eradication Programme (NLEP):
- Total 38 Leprosy cases reported.
Non Communicable Disease:
- Total Screening above 30age Group is 3,87,468 (86%) and Total Patients Referred to higher centres 42,015 (14%).
Basthidhawakhana Performance Report
- 25 Basthidhawakhanas OPD Report from February 2019 to January-2020 – 2,92,387 (OPD).